Information For Sponsors Matched with a Family
**If you signed up as a sponsor before October 30th and did not receive a family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org**
Important Dates To Keep in Mind:
- November 1st, 2nd, and 5th: box pickups from 11 am – 1 pm
- November 19th: box pick ups from 2 pm – 5 pm
- November 29th: donations should be collected and boxes should be packaged
- December 3rd: donation pickups begin
- December 3rd-14th, December 17th & 18th: dates for donation pickups by RAH
Update: RAH will be having an additional box pick-up event on Monday, November 19th, from 2-5 pm at 51 Dudley Rd. on Cook/Douglass campus. Please click here for the map and access directions for this location.
Please contact email@example.com at your earliest convenience to tell us if you will be coming, and how many boxes you need so that we can expedite the distribution process.
Information on donations for adopted family:
- Please divide the family members’ food and gift requests among those within your group that have volunteered for the program so that no individual person feels overwhelmed in terms of their purchasing responsibilities.
- Please plan to have all donations accumulated and packaged by no later than Friday, November 29th. Donation pickups begin on Monday, December 3rd.
- Do not tape your boxes closed– facilities will do so upon pick-up.
- Please DO write the family ID number on every box of donations you have for that family
- RAH will again partner with the University Facilities to pick up and deliver donations. We sincerely value the time that University Facilities employees donate to the Adopt-A-Family program and must take into account their daily schedules.
- Pick-ups are tentatively scheduled to take place December 3rd through December 14th, December 17th, and December 18th, but will be predicated on a number of factors (ex: inclement weather, the scheduling needs of the agencies, etc.).
- You will be contacted in advance of your scheduled pick-up date. Please do not assume that you will have the same pick-up date as last year. You may be assigned a day during Week 1 instead of Week 2 and vice versa. Again, we recommend that you have all of your donations in hand by November 29th, if possible.
- Please select nonperishable food in cans, boxes, plastic, or bags. Glass containers, fresh produce, or refrigerated items cannot be accepted. Please remember to not over pack boxes with heavy food items; distribute these items over several boxes.
- Gently used or used items cannot be accepted.
- Gifts should be brand new and not wrapped. You are, however, welcome to include wrapping paper with your donations.
- Don’t feel required to get every single item on the list, just please do your best based on the family’s requests. There is no financial minimum to meet.
- You may include gift cards with your donations – please view your family’s profile form to see what stores are most accessible to your family.
- Please confirm that the value of the gift card is clearly indicated with the card. Even if it is only for a small amount, knowing the value helps the families to plan their shopping trip accordingly.
- We encourage you to include greeting card(s) to the family so that they know who is helping them to enjoy their holidays. (Example: Happy Holidays from Rutgers Department of ______).
- Please also feel free to purchase unlisted items that you think your family will enjoy based on the information provided in their family profile form (under “Other Information,” family members listed their interests, favorite colors, favorite hobbies, etc.).
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference your exact family assignment(s).
For example, in the subject heading of your email include: “Question About Family ABC-123” instead of just “Adopt-A-Family.”
If you are not a sponsor but want to be involved with the Adopt-A-Family campaign, please contact us at email@example.com.