Student-Organized Rutgers Against Hunger (SO RAH) is a student extension of RAH, which aims to address the complex and pressing issues of hunger through education, outreach, and activism among the Rutgers community.
Through raising awareness of hunger in New Jersey, SO RAH focuses on coordinating local food drives, hosting fundraising events, and planning volunteer opportunities to assist those in need.
The organization hosts general interest meetings one time per month and is always pursuing opportunities to partner with other university student organizations and departments.
SORAH Spring 2018 Event Schedule:
- January 29th: Basic Needs Insecurity Conference
- January 30th: First General Members Meeting (GMM) of the Semester
- February 11th: Women’s Basketball Food Drive
- February 20th: GMM and Sandwich Meal Packing
- February 23rd: Elijah’s Promise Trip @4:00-7:30
- March 2nd: Elijah’s Promise Trip @4:00-7:30
- March 3rd: Community Foodbank of NJ Trip
- March 6th: GMM and Utensil Packing
- March 20th: Elijah’s Promise Trip @4:00-7:30
- March 27th: GMM – Easter Candy Gram Packing
- April 17th: SORAH Elections
- April 28th: Rutgers Day
Current Board Members
- President: Chris Doyle
- Vice President: Nancy Cheng
- Treasurer: Daniel Lin
- Secretary: Shivani Rao
- Public Relations Officer: Cheryl Li
- Event Coordinator: Luana Xu
- Community Outreach Officers: Sydney Menzies and Kajal Desai