Student-Organized Rutgers Against Hunger (SO RAH) is a student extension of RAH, which aims to address the complex and pressing issues of hunger through education, outreach, and activism among the Rutgers community.
Through raising awareness of hunger in New Jersey, SO RAH focuses on coordinating local food drives, hosting fundraising events, and planning volunteer opportunities to assist those in need.
The organization hosts general interest meetings one time per month and is always pursuing opportunities to partner with other university student organizations and departments.
SORAH Spring 2017 Schedule:
- January 31: General Member Meeting
- February 8: Volunteering at St. Alban’s Episcopal Church Food Pantry
- February 11: Men’s Basketball Food Drive
- February 21: Meal Packing and General Members Meeting
- February 26: Women’s Basketball Food Drive
- March 4: Community Foodbank of NJ Trip
- March 28: General Members Meeting
- April 25: SORAH Elections
- April 29: Rutgers Day
Current Board Members
- President: Chris Doyle
- Vice-President: Nancy Cheng
- Treasurer: Daniel Lin
- Secretary: Jennifer Nunez
- Public Relations Officers: Cheryl Li & Pablo Ortiz
- Community Outreach Officers: Shivani Rao & Sydney Menzies